Happy New Year!
There have been a number of concerns raised from local schools regarding poor practice from so called Forest School/Outdoor Education Providers.
This News Bulletin is intended for Head Teachers and Nursery Managers to ensure they have fulfilled their duty of care and carry out due diligence when using the services of a forest school provider.
Guidance is given ensuring:
· Appropriate Competency and Certification
· Timely DBS/CRB submission prior to work
· Suitable Public Liability Insurance
· Adequate Risk Assessment is carried out and followed
· Forest School Codes of Conduct/Principles are followed and if not, who to contact.
Please feel free to copy and circulate this and the following bulletins to ensure Schools and Nurseries in Warrington only use Forest School and Outdoor Education Providers that are competent, safe and working to the highest standards.
We'll post each one in turn in bitesize chunks. If you want a hard copy then email firstname.lastname@example.org